Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

Why does Madison think that we cannot trust branches of the government to stay within constitutional bounds? ?

pls provide detail, need a little help with my mid term

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The Democrats pushing to change The Constitution for instance, i.e. eliminate freedom of speech, freedom of religion and our right to bear arms. For instance Congress makes laws and The Senate oversees Congress.

For instance Courts interpret the Constitution and our laws and the Supreme Court has the last say in Constitutional interpretations and laws.  Madison was well aware of the different opinions of people as far as the godless and the Godly.  Therefore, he thoroughly understood why the branches of government could easily overstep their bounds in Constitutional decisions.

Today, we have Judges making laws from the bench until someone challenges their decisions.  Even, today, with a Justice being either Democrat or Republican will sway the Constitution to their favor and their opinion.  I think James Madison worked hard at telling us in reference to the Constitution that mankind did not leave their opinions outside of it, but brought their opinions inside it.  Just like no person can leave their beliefs outside the door of the courthouse, the Capitol or any other government building.

• 1 month ago

OP Anonymous -   Is this homework?   We don’t do homework here.   Try the “Homework” category.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Madison doesn't think that. He doesn't think anything. He's dead.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.