Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Are eggs as bad as the media portrays them to be?

I eat 6-8 eggs a day 

Eggs are the perfect food and no they aren't bad for us. Processed foods are what's bad.

I think that eggs have gotten a bad rap because of the scare of cholesterol.  There is cholesterol in eggs but there is no direct evidence that the cholesterol in eggs leads to heart disease in humans.  People are just worried because it might be true.

Basically it's not eating fat that is unhealthy, it's BEING fat that is unhealthy.  As long as you aren't overweight I think that eating eggs is an excellent source of high quality protein and a whole lot of other important nutrients.

You can overdo anything and balance is always a good idea in diet but in general eggs are a very healthy food in my opinion.

• ?

No. But 6-8 eggs a DAY, is way too much cholesterol!