Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I panic when I have to deal with people ... what is this?

I haven't socialized for many years due to a disability that embarrasses me. Now, after getting old, every time I need to go get a package in the lobby of the building, I panic, I will 'cause I have to go, but sometimes it gives me a blank in the head at the time and forget to compliment for example.

I have already commented to the porters that I have lapses, so they can forgive me. But I know that they don't understand.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

i am similar, i have social anxiety and panic a lot around people, i wish you luck.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Helping Someone During a Panic Attack

Stay with the person and keep calm.

Offer medicine if the person usually takes it during an attack.

Don't make assumptions about what the person needs. Ask.

Speak to the person in short, simple sentences.

Be predictable. ...

Help slow the person's breathing by breathing with him or her or by counting slowly to 10.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

anxiety.............................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It seems that you worry too much about being polite. Just smiling and saying thank you should be enough. A very simple way to remain calm is simply to slow your breathing. Two psychiatrists, Brown and Gerbarg, say a 10 or 20 min slow breathing exercise - 5 breaths a min - is good and 20 min twice a day is a therapy for anxiety. The exercise is inhale and exhale gently, 6 seconds each. 

You can do this before you have a social situation. I'll show you an answer with a lot of advice.https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20210...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Who cares? You don't need to compliment them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.