What can I buy my coworker to thank her?

My coworker knows how fond I am of curry and she is going to cook me a homemade curry. Nice of her. I’d like to buy her a little gift of appreciation. Any ideas please?

She's very young and I want something to buy for her that's young and not old and frumpy.

Favorite Answer

maybe you can get her some flowers

lingerie, always goes down well...

A small bouquet or a candy. If you make too much of a big deal about it, you'll make things awkward. 

I would just get her a very small token gift, such as a bar of chocolate

• Daisy

What a nice coworker!  If she likes coffee or tea, maybe a gift card to a coffee shop like Starbucks or a local coffee shop.  Include a nice note of appreciation. 

• drip

So not romantic at all, right. 

I worked in Yankee Candle. Lots of young women would buy Pink Sands scented candles.  YC is great on returns and exchanges. So even if she burns it and doesn’t like the scent she can exchange for another candle.

Are you having the dinner together, eating together?  Bring a dessert. 

Cheap but cute. Nothing Bundt Cakes are trending.  Very tasty.  A personal size bundt cake is under $6.  Or get a set of mini Bundts.

If she does coffee get a Starbucks gift card, or what coffee place is close to work. 

Bake her something like cookies or cake.  You could give her chocolates or a gift card from one of her favorite stores.

Make (or buy) her something you know that she enjoys too eat/drink too.

Curry tends to cause uncontrollable flatulence and so some air freshener might be appropriate.

What does she like? Any particular treats? Flowers?