Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why is basset hound so ugly?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I'd really love you to come out from behind your blue mask, just for starters.  That would level the playing-field some.

Secondly I urge you (as if you will!!) to READ the following which explains the reason for a breed which was established years ago to make it possible for a hunter to be able to follow the hound on foot rather than on horseback.   Second only, probably, to the Bloodhound (which breed was used to outcross when new blood was required), the Basset has an outstanding ability to track and find game.

https://www.champdogs.co.uk/breeds/basset-hound

This is a noble hunting breed, with written evidence of it being around in Shakespeare's day.

" My hounds are bred out of the Spartan kind; So flew'd, so sanded; their heads are hung with ears that sweep away the morning dew...A MidSummer Night's Dream"

If you hate the breed, why do you feel the need to bring your hatred on here other than to upset people - which is the absolute example of what is an internet troll.

I wish you'd just push off, please.

Here are the hounds, bar one who was born in the UK, who came back from Canada with us, resting during one of their daily exercise outings.

they are actually extremely cute. get your eyes checked

It looks like its owner.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder chump

They're not to other Basset Hounds.

Beauty (or the lack thereof) is all in the eye of the beholder. What you do not like, obviously has major appeal to some people - or the breed would not exist.  If I had the choice of being stuck on a deserted island and had to get isolated (WITH a dog) between a Basset hound or a Chihuahua, the choice would be the hound, in a heartbeat.