Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Was i wrong for dropping a girl who was an alcoholic and who had BPD? ?

i was talking to this girl who i was interested in for a bit but as we started to connect more, after about a week she revealed to me she suffers from BPD and is an alcoholic. So i got spooked by that and i told her we should remain friends for now. she followed up with a claim that she scared me away (which she did) but i lied to her and told her she didnt and we should take it slow. 

Was i wrong for doing that? I grew up with a malignant narcissistic mother who also suffered from BPD and NPD who put me through hell as a child, teenager and as an adult and i didnt want to go down that path again as it has broken me in many ways. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why would you even ask this question?  Are you seriously considering dating this person?  Ask yourself why you'd want to do that.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Dating women with disabilities takes a lot of patience.  One of my coworkers is dating a woman with uncontrollable constant flatulence.  They've been together for two years and although he has some lung damage now, he's very happy with the relationship.

• 1 month ago

You do you. You aren't under any obligation to nurse her

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.