Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 month ago

How can I read this in words?

Isn't that an error in the question?? I mean shouldn't there be something written after the multiply?

It's question a only

Definitely the x is an error.  Or, you are correct, there is something missing.

Yes, it certainly looks like a typo, and there is no interpretation that is consistent with standard notation.

Responder "charlatan" says it's a variable named x, and I'll concede that's a possibility, but in that case it's still a typo, as the particular font chosen for the "x" suggests a multiplication or deletion sign, not a letter x.

it is a variable named "x"

and not a sign of multiplication.