Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why can I see the moon during the day?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

We can see the moon during the day for the same reason we see the moon at night. The surface of the moon is reflecting the sun's light into our eyes. When we see the moon during the day it's because the moon is in the right spot in the sky and it's reflecting enough light to be as bright, or brighter, than the sky. BTW I think I am in love with your avatar.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

We can see the moon during the day for the same reason we see the moon at night. The surface of the moon is reflecting the sun's light into our eyes. ... "When we see the moon during the day it's because the moon is in the right spot in the sky and it's reflecting enough light to be as bright, or brighter, than the sky."

• Mike G
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because you're not looking for it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

So taking a few seconds to search online was too hard, was it.

https://www.vpr.org/post/why-do-we-sometimes-see-m...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's not the Moon that bothers us, it's the dead people you are seeing.

• 2 months ago

The moon orbits the Earth.  About the only time you *can't* see the moon during some portion of the day is during Full moon - when the moon sets as the sun rises, and the moon rises as the sun sets... all other times, at least during some portion of the day, it'll be above the horizon while the Sun is as well.  The Moon is also bright enough that it's reflected light from the sun can cut through the brilliance of our blue sky. 

• 2 months ago

Because the Moon doesn't stop reflecting sunlight toward Earth when the Sun above your boron. The Moon will set in 12 minutes where I am in the USA. 

• 2 months ago

Rising and setting times for the Moon relate to its phase:

New Moon rises at sunrise & sets at sunset.  First Quarter rises at noon, sets at midnight; Full moon rises at sunset and sets at sunrise.  Third or last Quarter rises at midnight and sets at noon.  So currently we have the waning gibbous moon (phase betweenThird Qtr and New) in the morning sky.

• 2 months ago

Because it's not cloudy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.