Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 6
? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Who needs books when you have Google and Youtube?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

You are correct. Books are quickly becoming obsolete. I have never once used the physical books in my university library when doing research. It's all online now, and much easier because you can use Ctrl + F to immediately get the information you need.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I need books because staring at a screen makes me lose focus and hurts my eyes. It also contributes to ADD and ADHD and other mental issues.

• 1 month ago

While audiovisual input can be valuable, reading stimulates more of the brain. That's simply a fact. Why not stimulate your brain in every positive way imaginable?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

well you've got to be able to read to use those sites

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because there is so much that Google and YouTube can't do for you. So much knowledge exists outside their platform that it would fill a thousand libraries.

• Fu4
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Exactly, why even waste trees

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.