Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Why do americans carry guns?

Probably for protection. 

• Anon

Not ALL of us do. Fail.

Many are cops, off duty cops, security guards. Some are Brinks guards,

The few that can and do in the few states that allow it  make for Safer streets. If crooks Realise  that  person Might be carrying, they leave 'im Alone. 

In gun free zones and where OC/CC is restricted or illegal; crooks have a Field Day. Like Cruz at that school. They Used to have gun clubs at schools, their  .22 rifle in their locker. 

Personally I feel Safer with a responsible OC in say McDonalds. Why should only Crooks and Psychos carry? We can legally carry unloaded Tommy guns in public in my state. If I Could carry when I'm married, I sure would .  Not go down without a fight. Rather I die in a shooting war than stand Helpless while my wife is attacked.

My fiancé is from Chicago; with all their gun bans, its rated #1 in gun crime. Laws never stopped anyone, not in the 5,000 years murder has ben illegal.

2 legally armed citizens stopped Jarod Loughner from shooting More. If they couldn't carry, they said they'd have run, and his death toll might have reached 20. The leftist press suppresses the truth. Violent crime  in UK rose 300% after their gun bans.  The US is actually only #50 in violent crime. The UK is #54...

EDIT: You don't have to "like" guns nor  choose to carry, yourself;  That's Fine. But, it's  ignorant and selfish and Childish to  advocate banning  OC/CC for Responsible citizens, Everywhere. Doesn't work, been proven.. 

• joedlh

They wish to signal that they have genitals of impressive dimensions.

• Kathy

Some of them carry guns for protection.

because other americans carry guns.

the theory is that the only way you can protect yourself from an idiot with a gun, is to have a gun. Even if you are an idiot - therefore you cannot stop idiots being able to buy guns because that would impact your right to buy a gun, thus other people have to have guns to protect themselves from idiots like the person you are scared of.... and you

• Murzy

Self protection                          .

The same reason they think the earth is flat and capitalism works. 

For self defense 

For protection from criminals and from animals.  That's why I conceal carry.

Because other Americans carry guns.