Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

What kind of damage are we doing to our bodies with sun tanning?

Favorite Answer

So when I was young there was no sun screen.  Many of us played as children and then worked as adults in the sun.  We sometimes got burnt and sometimes blistered.

At the age my husband and I are now signs of skin cancer are showing up.  I have no signs of pre cancer so far.  He has lots of pre cancer spots.  So it's partly hereditary and partly the sun damage because I was in the sun as much or more than he was.  Freckling and wrinkles also occur with sun exposure.  We both have those.

Ultraviolet light can cause changes (cancerous) in the upper layers of skin. Sun tan lotions are used to block these rays.