Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Do you notice Christians live in a silly, cultist, fantasy world? "I know God exists but have no evidence to prove it, i just know it"?

• Corey

The burdon or proof is not ours. We don't need to provide evidence for anything. God's existence is your assertion, and from a logical perspective the person making the assertion is the person responsible for providing the evidence. We use this logic for everything, this is not something that we just use against Gods existence. No logical person would ever make a claim to know something as a fact without any evidence to back the claim up. 

I'm a Christian. I don't know if God is real. I'm only a believer, not a 'knower'. As far as the other Christians to claim to "know that God exists" is concerned, the probable basis of this claim is the verse (John 8:32) which Jesus says "You will know the truth..". But Jesus is implying here that we must first seek the truth. Some misguided people think that they can just declare to know the truth. Do I live in a silly fantasy? I'm just a follower of what I hope to be true. That does not mean that I rely on idle wishful thinking to make anything magically happen. It's a recurring theme in the bible that God tells people to work. It is evident that many follower understand this teaching by the presence of many major Christian based charities, hospitals, and universities which all function with respect to scientific methods.

• God

I like how Christians claim evidence for God yet fail to present any valid evidence. They seem to not understand what evidence is. Things that don't count: 

1. Your feelings

2. Personal testimony or experience 

3. The bible 

4. Fake archeology 

5. "Answered" Prayer 

6. Appearance of design 

7. Cosmological argument (or any other common argument for God) 

8. Misunderstanding of science 

9. "Miracles" (i.e. hallucinations) 

Etc. 

No, I do not, and neither do you.  There is evidence, Einstein.  Every year millions experience God for themselves.  You should, too.  It's the logical thing to do.  Don't bother moving the goalposts.  It's more evidence than you have to shore up your fantasy that there is no God.

Yep, and then get mad at you when you scoff, or ask them how they know it's the abrahamic god, not Krishna, or whatever.  Misery may love company, but religious delusions pretty much demand it.  

• Joe

Christians do not claim there is no evidence of God, so you are using a Straw Man fallacy.

• It is you, living in your stupid and contagious world, Satan your god wants you with him, in hell!

We have said this many times, and on different occasions, like your stupid question?

God reveals himself towards all those who seek him with prayers, otherwise, you will see some demons during your earthly life.

Not silly, just sad.  Delusion runs deep in most religions.

Interesting that the other responses don't prove God exists, they simply argue that they know God exists but can't prove it.

Mocking science is all they can do.

• Liz

On the contrary, there is ample proof of God's existence and true Christians have satisfied themselves of their belief. Paul said at Romans 1:20 about God: "For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable."

None of us have seen God or observed something being created. (John 1:18) And no human—whether he is a scientist or not—has observed one kind of life evolve into another kind. No one has watched a reptile evolve into a mammal, for example. (Job 38:1, 4) Hence, all of us must examine the evidence and use our thinking ability to reach sound conclusions.

That is what true Christians have done.

Since there is evidence for the existence of God, your rant is pointless.  It is based on a false premise.