What does "chilling" mean in this context?

My plan for today is just chilling like the weather.

• geezer
    Favorite Answer

It's a 'play on words'.

You ''chilling'' means that you are just relaxing

but ''chilling like the weather'' means being cool and calm.

doing nothing that requires a lot of effort, is the usual idea. The bigger idea is "I have no plans for anything, so I would just do my usual stuff that I do for fun, to relax". 

Chill is used to mean relax.  If someone says "Chill", they are telling you to calm down.  The adjective version of chill means to be relaxed or calm (he was so chill when that cop pulled him over, I would've freaked out myself)

The opposite of hot, heated, for excited and anger.  Chill is cool, calm, relaxed.

• ..

Lol. Its just a play on words in this case. Ok! I'm chilling which means nothing like what the weathers doing. Then again, it could mean I'm chilling like the weather because, its bleeding cold outside today. :-)

To "chill out" is slang for doing nothing.