Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What does "chilling" mean in this context?

My plan for today is just chilling like the weather.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a 'play on words'.

You ''chilling'' means that you are just relaxing

but ''chilling like the weather'' means being cool and calm.

• 2 months ago

doing nothing that requires a lot of effort, is the usual idea. The bigger idea is "I have no plans for anything, so I would just do my usual stuff that I do for fun, to relax". 

Chill is used to mean relax.  If someone says "Chill", they are telling you to calm down.  The adjective version of chill means to be relaxed or calm (he was so chill when that cop pulled him over, I would've freaked out myself)

The opposite of hot, heated, for excited and anger.  Chill is cool, calm, relaxed.

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Lol. Its just a play on words in this case. Ok! I'm chilling which means nothing like what the weathers doing. Then again, it could mean I'm chilling like the weather because, its bleeding cold outside today. :-)

• 2 months ago

To "chill out" is slang for doing nothing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.