Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is the best inexpensive shower enclosure?

This is a rental unit. I do not want to spend  a lot. But, would like an easy to clean enclosure. Would like to know what makes some more expensive. The type of finish? or the seats and shelves.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are cheap shower units to be had at the big box home centers but be warned: you get what you pay for.

You buy cheap, it performs cheap.  Thinner plastics, weaker attachments, etc.  It'll hold together well enough and perform well enough but unlike some others it just won't last very well.

This is how poor people stay poor - they buy what they can afford because it's inexpensive, but it doesn't last long at all and after just a few years you have to get another one, another cheap one because that's all you can afford.

Or spend twice as much for thicker, better materials, better fittings and get a product that lasts four, five, ten times as long.  It costs more today and is cheaper every day after that.

Just my four cents.  Usually an opinion is two cents; mine costs twice as much but is a lot more valuable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.