Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Why do people like stories in games?

All stories do is distract from the gameplay and bore you. I can understand casuals wanting games to be more like movies to hand-hold them, but I don't see how real gamers can want their gameplay to be interrupted for garbage dialogue and cutscenes.

Favorite Answer

In the future you will cringe about asking a question like that. 

it is realstick so people like it.

Who elected you the judge of "real" video games? lol Stories distract YOU from the gameplay and bore YOU, they don't bore and distract everyone. While I agree that a lot of games have garbage dialog and boring cutscenes, I'm not upset about games other people like and I don't. Just like there's music, tv and movies that other people like and I don't. Doesn't mean it's not "real" music, "real" tv or whatever. Just means everyone has different tastes. Get over yourself. 

• dude, listen up, that's personnal opinion, and personal opinion is just that, there is no selfrighteous   "i am right" or i am wrong about it.....while i myself are seldom concerned by storyline unless i think it's good,  (there's that personnal opinion again) doesn't mean that someone else doesn't like it nobody is right here.., so what happen's if the storyline is related to your fav topic, whatever that may be, and they have set it out in a favourable manner,  you going to be making the same complaint then or are you going to be a hypocrit?

theres a famous saying which people will quote sometimes when someone else tries to impose a personnal viewpoint like this..

"it's my way or the highway"....ever heard it?, because is resounds as loud as the big ben bell in your post......and btw we're supposed to be asking questions..p

Not all gamers are like you.  You may like the "pew pew" shooter and not care why.  I don't like those games.  I like longer games with a narrative that tells a story.

A turn-based RPG without a story is just me spamming "A" all the time to fight battles.  There is no game play here.  Those games are all about the story.