Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

I don't get why it isn't exactly "socially acceptable" to not wear bras.?

It's just so much more comfortable to wear nothing besides a t-shirt sometimes. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Kate
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It’s just the proper thing to do. 

People who don’t wear bra’s out in public in the name of “comfort” honestly just appear lazy & classless to me. 

Urgg our generation is in need of such reform. What happened to elegance? 🥲

• 1 month ago

who gives a dam. Let it all hang out baby

• 1 month ago

only in a feminist area would it be socially acceptable if you can move to a feminist area.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

who gices a shitt about social acceptable. dress as YOU want not as the other wants you too

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That does not frighten me - unless the woman in question has sagging and sloppy looking boobs.  Then, she looks scary.

• 1 month ago

Because most people (I exclude teenage boys) don't want to see a woman's breasts flopping around as she walks or (worse) runs for a bus, or her nipples poking at her t-shirt or blouse. It's hard enough to be taken seriously as a woman, but if you go to a business meeting without wearing a bra, you'll be taken a lot LESS seriously even than before.

Do what you like at home. But out in public please wear a bra.If you can't find a comfortable one, take the time and trouble to get properly measured, and spend the extra money on buying two or three that really fit. They'll save you a fortune in the long run.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bras are 3 years ago. I don't wear one. Haven't owned a bra in a long time. Bras damage breasts and make them sag earlier. That is a well studied fact. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's not fashionable to go flopping around today like some women did in the 60's and 70's. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Puritanical countries like the US still view the human body as being sinful.  Many countries where Islam is the national religion require the women to wear garbage bags.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It would be like a guy wearing sweatpants everywhere with his dick just flopping around

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.