Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What should I do?

Hi there. I'm very lost in myself. To give you a little context to the "What should I do?" I need to tell you about myself. First off, I'm extremely lucky, I am aware. I am a quick learner and hardworking and have had some incredible experiences. I often seem to find myself in the right place at the right time and just so happen to have the right skills for the situation, if not I learn them. I have worked in some incredible jobs, saving all sorts of animals, I've worked with Lions and wolves and I've also worked in the filming industry meeting some incredible people. I've also written a fantasy book. I however am finding myself in a very odd position and it's one I don't know how to answer.  

These things are amazing but they all have their downfalls. All the jobs in the animal industry have VERY low pay and it's sadly not enough to support a family. Especially when you're trying to save for a house. Then on the other side, I have the filming industry which is a great wage but I will never see my family and that's the most important thing for me. 

All I want is to work in a job that doesn't destroy the environment and gives me a decent wage so that I can spend time with my family. I somehow just can't seem to hit the nail on the head. It's like every time I hit on something great, I smash through the ceiling and end up with my **** on the floor again. It's very frustrating and I'm trying to find the right thing to do. Sorry bit of a ramble but I'm completely lost... 

I am from the UK

• Maxi

Employers want skills, education, training, qualifications which you fail to mention at all... few employers advertise or value 'working with animals' nor are interested or understand "I've worked with Lions and wolves and I've also worked in the filming industry meeting some incredible people." it is not a skill and unless you have qualifications it is irrelevant to them.........

"All the jobs in the animal industry have VERY low pay " Untrue........ I work in the animal industry in the UK, own two houses and my earnings are far from low pay maybe the difference is I have a degree and have additional professional qualifications ......... so it is about what you have to offer that an employer wants or needs, so a change of your priority/thinking could help you

• ?

Go to the USA JOBS website and look for jobs in the Parks and Forestry departments.