Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

If your wife says that your son is her first love does that mean that she didn't love you?

@ i + i  If you had to marry and have sex with the cake in order to make the ice cream then yes it kinda does.

@ Jerry There is no mention of being #1 in my question.

Favorite Answer

sure sounds like it, gosh. 

Nope. There is an entirely different sort of love that a Mom has for the child she grew in her womb that was her secret friend for 9 months before anyone else could even meet them. And, for most women, that lasts forever. In no way does that mean your wife doesn't love YOU! But the love she has for your shared child is something different and new and unlike any other kind of love. Nature does that so we won't kill our babies who are screaming and demanding and outrageous for a ridiculous amount of time. 

• i + i

I love cake and ice cream. If I say that ice cream 

is my first love, does that mean I don't love cake? 

Grow up. 

No child asks to be born. If you bring a child into the world then you have an enormous responsibility to that child, much greater than your responsibility to anyone else could ever be. 

Of course it doesn't mean that she doesn't love you. It also doesn't mean that she doesn't love her grandmother! It just means that she takes her responsibility toward that child very seriously, that the child is her #1 priority until the child is independent. "I'm either #1 or I'm ZERO" is a silly attitude.