Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

What is sobriety?

This is a question for my experienced/functional druggies:

I've never done drugs or alcohol to escape. I do it like maybe once a season when I have nothing better to do, and I don't foresee myself stopping. Needless to say, I have my life together too. So I did LSD last Thursday and told my therapist about it. She seemed disappointed and asked why I did it even though I've been "sober." But isn't sobriety based on habit? I mean, I'm sober right now since LSD only lasts for like 12 hours. Is she just referring to the negative stigma of drugs? Or does she think doing drugs in general automatically makes you codependent? She also said "that's why they're illegal" which is more alarming.Unfortunately, I have felt kinda sad since the therapy session. I feel like I can't openly communicate with her anymore without her prejudice.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it only takes one try of something before your addicted to it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bottom line, whether you use recreationally or abuse drugs, its a problem waiting to happen.  Doing LSD is not only not safe, but its stupid. Sorry, but your therapist is right drugs like that are illegal for a reason.  One hit or more can kill you and for you to be so cavalier about  'seasonal' use sounds like passive aggressive denial.  That sad feeling you are having is a good indication of your subconscious kicking in whether you admit it or not.  Your therapist hit a nerve is all...now its up to you to either man up and discuss this or not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.