Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Can I attend community college after getting a bachelor degree in engineering?

I completed a bachelor degree in engineering, can I still go community college for 2 years.

Favorite Answer

If there is something specific there that will help you get a job or a certificate it may make sense. But if you are looking for another degree, you can probably just transfer what you have to another 4 year university and get a second degree. Or just go on for a masters. Not every masters program requires that you had the undergrad degree in the same subject. It really depends what you're going for. Of course you CAN, but it doesn't mean you should.

Nobody can stop you, but why do you want to go?

If it's to follow some interest, that's fine. I took a Music History course I enjoyed very much.    Nothing at a community college is going to add to your education in Engineering.  

You could.  I have a PhD and two Master's degrees but have signed up for language and film classes.

Why not? I took classes at community college even after getting my law degree (J.D.). 

• ?

A Community College does not have an Associates Degree for Engineering.  A Community College is basically for learning a Trade.

After you earn your Bachelor Degree in Engineering...............you can always go to a Community College for 'special interests' classes; pottery, etc.

Of course. I have a post grad, didn't stop me doing an Ofqual Level 3.

Anyone can learn anything at any time.  Even engineers I suppose.