Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can you help me correcting this sentence please?

On the old college campus, the ivy-covered walls of the COLONIAL buildings CREATE an aura of GENTILITY and TRADITION.

some of the words may be correct but not all

thank you!

• GA41

I believe all the words are correct.  I would choose to say "created an aura of gentility and tradition", indicating past tense, because the aura was created in the past when the ivy grew on the walls.  However, "create" is also correct.  Create is present tense, and the ivy growing on the walls are presently creating an aura of gentility and tradition. Both create and created are grammatically correct, they just indicate a different tense.