Can a trans woman father attend a parent-teacher conference in female clothing and full hair/makeup?

I'm scared they will laugh at me because I just started my transition.  

Favorite Answer

As the parent of a student, you can appear any way you choose to, including presenting as female while identifying yourself as the student's father.

This period of transitioning is difficult. I understand it gets easier. (I have a trans family member.)

And if they laugh at you, you look them directly in the eye and repeat the immortal words said by those who went before you: I'm trans. Deal with it.

Every parent who shows up at parent-teacher conferences deserves respect and courtesy, and if you don't get it, the principal and school board need to hear about it and the local press ought to as well.

If you are starting to transition,  you will need to prepare your self for this pressure in all areas of life. 

you lost me at trans woman father

Kids are vicious. How do your kids feel about it? Will they defend you, or will they get bullied and picked on for it?