WiseMan asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Do IPL hair removal devices work on men?

I'm a guy and am trying to remove some of my body hair using an IPL device. I've used it everyday for two weeks already and still getting a lot of hair growth. I'm barely noticing any hair reduction. I have very dark, coarse body hair, so it can't be the light hair color, that's for sure. I've even got to the highest level (level 6) where I feel the rubber band snap and get that burning smell when I use the device. And still getting A LOT of hair growth after a couple of week. If there is any hair reduction, I don't notice it.

Maybe these devices work on women, but maybe due to high hormones on guys, I don't think these devices can really kill the hair follicles on me.

Favorite Answer

Hormones make no difference. However, you may need professional IPL not a home model and you need to shave it first, you should NOT smell burning, and IPL only works on hair in the growing phase which can be only about 30% and hair cycles between phases.

Philips lumea Prestige for men uses IPL technology to make your skin hairless. It is the best permanent hair removal kit for men. The IPL technology affects the hair growth cycle and reduces hair growth from the first session. It is safe to use on your arms, armpits, your shoulder, and abdomen.