Do believe there is a sky in the universe or is the sky an outdated imaginary concept?

Well, I took a quick look through the window before writing this answer and yes, there was the sky. I, therefore, believe it exists.

The Universe is the sky.

Hold on just a sec while I go outside and check. . . .. . . . . Yep, the sky is a current, real concept.

The sky is the term for the apparent dome above the Earth that includes the atmosphere and anything visible from the surface.

It is not an actual physical object.

It's a description of an event. You can replace it with a different one if you like, but I doubt it will catch on.

It is an imaginary concept to define what we see.

There is no "sky". There is an atmosphere. During the day the sunlight is scattered in the atmospheric gases causing a blue "sky" to appear. During the night there is no scattering and you can see the stars in the universe unless cloudy.

the sky IS the universe . we are one with everything . i am you , you is he , i am the egg man .