Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is the appeal of David Lee Roth as a frontman?

Why so many rock fans consider DLR one of the greatest (even the greatest) frontmen in rock history? What is the appeal of Roth? I think he was never a serious frontman, his image and stage presence was very goofy and clownish compared to most other frontmen of big rock bands. Why the masses of people like/love DLR? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Is he still alive?

• 1 month ago

He was a character and fun to watch. 

His  "Just a Gigalo" video  was a hilarious spoof of other videos .

At the  time, he was simply the biggest Larger than Life frontman out there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-4lX0QyZc

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is no appeal

• 1 month ago

There are a lot of people who say they like music but they actually don't pay any attention to the actual music.  They prefer a visual spectacle.  Those are the kinds of people who like David Lee Roth.  Personally I can't stand the guy even though I'm a huge Eddie Van Halen fan.  I don't care if he can do a karate kick or jump over the speakers, it's so irrelevant to anyone who cares about the music.  But, like I said, there is a large slice of people out there that only pretend to like the music so they can be "cool".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.