Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
I feel like I am over my head in grad school but I don’t know what else to do?
I DON’T want to work at McDonalds but grad school is hard and I wonder if I can make that it through. I am in Library Sciences second semester.
- DON WLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
If you made it through undergrad with a GPA high enough to be admitted to grad school, and made it through the first semester of your MLS program, you should be able to make it through your second semester. If necessary, withdraw from the course that's giving you the most trouble and if it's required try again next semester.
- Anonymous1 month ago
Library Sciences isn't rocket science. You shouldn't be having that hard a time with it. Are you sure that's really want you want to do? Lack of interest may be damaging the quality of the studying you do.
- LisaLv 72 months ago
Of course you can make it through. Grad school is hard for most people (and I do speak from personal experience). But why is it hard for you? For instance:
1) Is the problem that you find your classes boring? Keep in mind that the job you would do when you graduate is going to be different than studying for the degree. You might love the job. . . in which case it is well worth the effort.
2) Are you taking too may classes all at once? If you are also raising kids or working or have other obligations that require a considerable amount of time, you do have to go more slowly with your studies. Next semester, you might even want to take just one class to see if that helps. Of course, if it is possible, you also might consider decreasing some of your other commitments if you can (such as working only part-time instead of full-time).
3) Were things easier in your first semester? Maybe it is simply that you happen to have the hardest classes in your program right now and, once the semester is over, things will get easier for you. Whatever you do, don't give up too soon.
Personally, I love libraries, and I have been helped greatly by librarians. So, I hope you continue. Good luck with your studies!
- PearlLv 72 months ago
maybe you can get some tutoring
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- fcas80Lv 72 months ago
Do you want to be a librarian? Then suck it up and try to get through. Unless you are discovering this is not the career for you, in which case it is time to have plan B.
- 2 months ago
Find the minimal amount of effort you need to put in to get decent grades. It'll take a few semesters. If you do that, you won't get tired of studying as easily. Library sciences sounds pretty boring though.