The majority of House Dems just voted to lower the voting age to 16. Because, you know, 16 year old kids are known for making good decisions?

Query me this.  Why do we have separate laws and a separate court system for them?  Because their brains don't work right yet. 

Steve, well, thanks for expressing your lack of knowledge?  Why did you answer, really?

Since I seem to need to spoon feed this, search on "HOUSE AMENDMENT VOTING AGE"

• Edward
    Favorite Answer

Are public schools are the indoctrination center for children so it makes sense to get um voting for socialism while they don’t know better.

• ?

Does it matter?  Even if they lower it to 6 years old, so? It's not like it matters who votes or who they vote for. If it did the goverment would never let us vote. It's just the illusion of choice.  

IMPORTANT:

This is a bad headline and you know it. The provision failed 125 - 302. If it had a chance at passing, that many Democrats wouldn't have voted for it (and, importantly, it would never, ever, get passed in the Senate).

There is a solid argument for 16 year olds having the franchise (can work, can drive) and a solid argument against it (not finished with basic schooling yet), but pretending that its a touch stone of Democratic policy when in reality it was a virtue signal from people who knew it'd never pass is disingenuous.

• kswck2

Sixteen? Pfff. Let's just make it around 4-5, when they start to talk. 

• Dan

What makes a 16 year old more likely to vote for Democrats? Television. 

some of them can make good decisions

The enthusiasm that the democrats have for looting and rioting has now spilled over into governing.  Burn baby burn.

• Steve

Guess I missed that story somewhere...Edit: Because I was hoping you would provide me with a link to the story, so I could read it. All I can find online is stuff about teen groups drafting stuff because they want to vote by 16, and a couple of congressmen arguing for it. But, since you are such a bright, and cheery-eyed as shole, was hoping you'd help. 

• Gloria

Smarter than many older, more bitter men, yes. I think its great. Reactionaries be damned !

They make better decisions than 50 year old republicans.