Why would God believers think that all over the world, boat owning fishermen would not know how to use their boats in a flood?

Favorite Answer

In order to take that story literally, it is necessary to assume that God didn't know that some of his children had already built boats.

Document the actual conditions during the Flood and you'll know.

The Khufu Ship is the oldest known "ship". I suggest a ship would be needed for the waves that would be encountered. Here is a link to information on it;  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khufu_ship

I would like you to notice the low freeboard and lack of protection. A person would die from exposure pretty quick.

For the record "Men Against The Sea", the doctors story from the Bounty Mutiny (yes that was a real event) shows that it takes more then a boat and fishing gear to survive very long on the high seas. While there was rain, it did stop and it took some time for the dry land to appear. Till then there would be a problem with drinking water and food. Men Against the Sea is considered historical fiction by some, but it is based on a true life story/s.

http://www.gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800411h.html

There is no Biblical or even scientific evidence to support the contention that anyone went fishing from a boat pre-Noah times. If there is, I'd like to read it.  

Down thumb me if you must, but that doesn't prove me wrong.

• T C

I am sure others used boats ...but would they have had a years worth of food...

That's one of the many things demonstrating that the story is a myth/fable and not a true account.

"Why would God believers think..."

I've never heard of ANY believer who could THINK.

Its a made up story. No one thinks of details like that when trying to spread a big fat obvious lie.

cause they havent seen them do that

Good question. I had not thought of that one. 

I usually ask about the millions of species, and some that got there from Australia, and why Noah thought it was a good idea to take ants, termites, mice and rats, but I like your question. 

Let's see what the correct religious answer is.