Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why would God believers think that all over the world, boat owning fishermen would not know how to use their boats in a flood?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In order to take that story literally, it is necessary to assume that God didn't know that some of his children had already built boats.

• 2 months ago

Document the actual conditions during the Flood and you'll know.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The Khufu Ship is the oldest known "ship". I suggest a ship would be needed for the waves that would be encountered. Here is a link to information on it;  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khufu_ship

I would like you to notice the low freeboard and lack of protection. A person would die from exposure pretty quick.

For the record "Men Against The Sea", the doctors story from the Bounty Mutiny (yes that was a real event) shows that it takes more then a boat and fishing gear to survive very long on the high seas. While there was rain, it did stop and it took some time for the dry land to appear. Till then there would be a problem with drinking water and food. Men Against the Sea is considered historical fiction by some, but it is based on a true life story/s.

http://www.gutenberg.net.au/ebooks08/0800411h.html

• 2 months ago

There is no Biblical or even scientific evidence to support the contention that anyone went fishing from a boat pre-Noah times. If there is, I'd like to read it.  

Down thumb me if you must, but that doesn't prove me wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • T C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I am sure others used boats ...but would they have had a years worth of food...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's one of the many things demonstrating that the story is a myth/fable and not a true account.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"Why would God believers think..."

I've never heard of ANY believer who could THINK.

• 2 months ago

Its a made up story. No one thinks of details like that when trying to spread a big fat obvious lie.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cause they havent seen them do that

• 2 months ago

Good question. I had not thought of that one. 

I usually ask about the millions of species, and some that got there from Australia, and why Noah thought it was a good idea to take ants, termites, mice and rats, but I like your question. 

Let's see what the correct religious answer is. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.