Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

why do some people think I'm shorter than my actual height? ?

I'm a guy and I'm 5'11". I have a good height measurement tool at my house, I also measured my height 4 times at different doctor's office and gym with No socks and No shoes..so I'm 100% sure I'm 5'11"...When I tell people I'm 5'11", they will be like what and they get surprised and will tell me that I don't look 5'11"...one girl was 5'2" and she thought I was 5'9"..another girl who was 5 feet, thought I was 5'8"...Why is that?

They are poor judges of height.

• David

It’s not easy for someone that much shorter than you to guess your height. If someone was 6’9 would it be that easy for you to guess it exactly? You seem to be offended when there’s no reason to be.