Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Why was slavery outlawed?

The economy has struggled ever since. By the time 99% of nations had outlawed slavery we had a great depression. Some people just exist better as slaves. Yeah I understand some basic laws on decency as they are technically living creatures. But outlawing it completely? All the slaves were so lost and now their descendants and mostly criminals and thugs with no purpose or draw. 

• ?

The Slavery Abolition Act did not explicitly refer to British North America. Its aim was rather to dismantle the large-scale plantation slavery that existed in Britain's tropical colonies, where the enslaved population was usually larger than that of the white colonists.

it was immoral and illegal.

I tried to make this exact point before, and I had my head bitten off.  Some house slaves were treated very fairly with room and board, and food to eat.  Isn’t that why we work now?  I am not saying slavery is good, but yes some slaves became lost and went down a path to poverty once they no longer had a place.  Anyway, some people are closed minded and don’t want to think critically about that.

I’m not buying your pretend idiocy

🥴

At the time, they were poor anyway. The economy was not great. The East had to sell drugs for China in order to establish the elite 1%.

How do you think Harvard, Yale and Oxford were built?

Drug money.

Slavery made no difference.