Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

help!!! need recommendations?

what should i do if a job isnt calling me for my first day of training after the orientation? They said they would call me in a few days but its almost a week!

• Lisa
    Favorite Answer

What you should do is call them and ask, but you should be very upbeat and pleasant when you do it.  Be sure to let them know how much you are looking forward to working for them.  Whatever you do, don't give them a reason to change their mind about you.  It is not at all unusual for people to say "a few days" when they actually mean a week or, in reality, don't know how long it will be.  So, don't assume anything is wrong.  If you call and come off as simple an enthusiastic new employee, it can't hurt a thing.

Good luck to you!