Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jan Marc asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Dog food....?

Can a Beagle, Labrador and rottweiler puppies get the same dog food?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

well no all dogs are different they should be having diffrent dogs dried foods and plus beagle should have 1 1/2 dried food and have plenty of fresh water and they should also be getting plenty of exericse and taking the beagle outside after eating. beagle has small stomach . information about beagle 's are sport breed .they are used for hunting such as chase after ducks and rabbits , hares, as well like to caught and hunt for birds . they have good intelligence ,stamina and calm disposition. height - 13-16 inch, suppose weight about 18-30 pounds .life span is 12-15 years. 

doesnt need to be groom at all. you only feed beagles in the morning and dinner time only! and as for dog snacks dont over fed treats just 1 bone or 1 beef treat once a day .dont over fed the dog because won't eat the dog food .

Labrador retriever 's  breed . does shed alot so need to be brush or comb the coat every once or twice a week .for feeding time. you should be feeding the Lab 1 full scoop cup dried food and give fresh water every day . take the dog outside after eating 1 hour so .those big dog poop quickly. you should leave the dogs outside in the backyard for 1 half hour because dogs take time to go to bathroom. laborador are sports breed also. they used to be train to be a water dog. use to chase and caught birds and duckies and used to be trained as guide dog, search and rescue works , therapy dog, help people who are blind, on wheelchair, handscapped, sniffer dog , they are very inteligent and easily trained breed. they regular exercise is required in order to prevent them from become over weight.  suppose to weight about 55-75 pounds and life span is 10-13  years . grown height is 21-24 inch. dont get aggressive toward of strangers . only feed this breed in the morning and dinner time . 

Rottweiler puppies should only be feed 1 small scoop of small puppies dried food. they shouldnt be eating adult dog foods depending on how old they are. if they just a 3-10 months old still young they should be eating 1 cup of puppy food and you can buy puppy  wet cans food and give them some small amounts of wet food and mix with the dried food dont over feed them because they will poop too much and make sure you leave plenty of water for them and for wait 1 hour to take them outside to do bathroom and leave them 15 minutes takes time for them look for a spot to pee and poops. if the puppies are not potty train yet. you should go stop by to the store and buy a puppy 's trainning diapers pads sheets and use 1 or 2 sheet want to place it by the doors so they can see and knows how to go on it. never hit or grab the puppies because made a mess in the house. that big no no. rottweilers  easily to be train when theyre still a baby. so better to take them outside after eating or drinking water. dont give water after 11pm-12 midnight because they will pee in the house. so better to take the dogs out side after eating .rottweiler's should be train well if you want to put them for adopted soon. dont sell them online  on craiglists because there alot of scammers now.its also illegel laws cant not sell puppies outside shipping . 

anyways just letting you know that. if you ever want to find them good homes . you can make a pets ad sale on safer way . on facebook there a market home page where you can make for free and post puppies pictures and informations by you and share it on there. that how you can get easily way to meet and get inform from people on there. 

informations about Rottweilers breed. life span is 10-12  years. and weight 80-130 pounds adult dogs, height 22-27 inch. dont need to be groom, but do sheds .used for train to be a guarding dog, and working on farms and lands that has cattles  droving. works as a  guard dog, police and miltary works, used for draft work, and employed in mountains rescues. although they usually placid ,  can be territorial and domineering and is generally not recommeded for inexperienced owners.  some times can become aggressive toward of strangers if dont train well.adult age  foods 1 cup of dried food and 1 half cup 1 more dried food . plenty of water. morning and dinner time. . 

Dont not get a cats !

• 2 months ago

Yes, as long as it is puppy chow.  It has to be puppy chow.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes. The dog will taste the same when you eat it anyway, so you can feed your dog whatever you like.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.   At least I'd think so - I have never bothered with breed-specific dog food as the only difference is normally the size of the kibble.   The only thing you might check is medium to large breed puppies do better on a lower protein level - too high and it can force too much growth too soon = bone problems.   26% is high enough but the Beagle might get away with a slightly higher protein level even if 26% should be ok.   Go by that the breeder recommends although having said that, my poor Frankie came to us at 4 months having been reared on Royal Canin Junior which, for me, is way too migh in protein.   He suffered a lot of bone problems even if I switched him to something lower as soon as I realised how high RC was.

Assuming of course, that none of these puppies has special needs.

• 2 months ago

I do sincerely hope that you haven't bought these three puppies at the same time... PLEASE NOT.

They all need a lot of training and individual handling and especially the Rottweiler. Three puppies playing together will also do a lot of damage to joints and again especially the Rottweiler & the labrador.

So before you consider the food consider absolutely everything else and my strong advice which is DON'T DO IT. 

• TK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.  If you are feeding a commercial kibble, get one that is labeled "for all life stages".  

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Provided you are feeding a diet suitable for all life stages, and none have special dietary needs or food allergies, yes. 

• 2 months ago

i dont see why not, ask your vet

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Assuming none need an individualized special diet, yes they can.  They would just eat different quantities.  The only other exception might be if the puppies are young enough to need different nutrition.

• 2 months ago

Depends if they have allergies or not and how they react to the food, it is possible though and I'm sure many people do it 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.