Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My mom passed away unexpectedly and I feel like my life is over?

My mom passed away unexpectedly on November 10th and I feel so broken and lost. She was my only true friend and I feel like I will never be happy again or feel joy. I'm only 30 and she was 64. I just keep thinking "how will I live the rest of my life without my mom?" A lot of times I don't think I will be able to. I wasn't always the perfect daughter and she wasn't always the perfect mom but the love between us was unconditional. She was still my rock, my advice giver, my only true friend, my support, my safety net. I feel like nothing without her. My brother and I were never that close, and my dad and I never had much of a relationship. But them and my husband are all I have left. I don't know what to do. I just want my mom to know how much I love her and appreciate her because I never got to say those final words. How will I do this for the rest of my life when I am so broken and the pain is so unbearable?

Favorite Answer

I went through exactly the same thing when my Mom died. My Dad & I were in the same room..he was reading, & I had fallen asleep on the lounge chair. Next thing I knew Dad tapped my arm & said.."all has gone quiet..I don't think Mom's breathing". He was right & the male nurse confirmed that Mom had passed. We were expecting her to pass, but one is never prepared for the passing of a loving parent. As I did, take solace in the knowledge that your Mom is enjoying the peace she so richly deserves. Whatever caused her passing didn't leave her suffering.

Remember her with love, all the good times you had...all the laughs & yes, even the tears. You'll never get over the loss of your Mom, but I can guarantee, it gets better. It's been 17 yrs since my Mom passed, & I smile when thinking of her, or quoting things she said. When I'm sad, I talk to her & know she's supporting me.

As long as you're alive, your Mom will never be dead. Her blood flows through you.

I'm sure you Mom knows how very much you love her...tell her so when you're thinking about her. She'll hear you in some way.

I hope I've been of some help.

Time will lessen the grief, since you were so close makes it harder. 

But your life is not over, death is part of the natural circle of life. Live in a way that would make your mom proud, when you have a tough decision to make think about what would your mom might do.

If you decide to have children name one of your kids after your mother and when that child is old enough, explain how important that name is to you and it will make her proud of that name too.

I'm sorry for your loss, losing a loved one is never easy, and there are no perfect words anyone can say to lessen your grief. From a stranger on an internet site; I send my best wishes and condolences

My mom passed away on 20219 and I am still grieving the los of my mommy

My mom died when I was still in high school. I went back to school after a month & I still remember kids making yo mama jokes. You're 30 years old and have a supportful husband. The pain will fluctuate. There will be days where you'll have so much fun/ be too busy and days where you'll miss her unbearably. If you're like me, the pain grows to solitude and hate. The bottom line is you were lucky to have your mom for 30 years. People in these war-torn countries lose their mom at age 5 and we don't blink an eye. 

Maybe start being someone else's safety net instead of feeling sorry for yourself every day. 

Source(s): Orphan at 15

time heals all............

I just had my grandpa who raised me from day one pass December of 2020, and I know how you feel. I feel like life is over, I cannot talk to him and it messes up things big time. I would suggest that you do what I am doing and focus on things in front of you at this current time, try not to take the rest of your family members for granted as I did up until this point. I would be detaching myself from the loss and it is hard to do.

What you're experiencing is common. It's called grief, and it's normal to feel empty and alone when you've lost someone close to you. It would help you a lot to talk with a mental health professional (preferably one who specializes in grief and bereavement) about your feelings, and get some advice on how to cope. There are also support groups available for people who are grieving this kind of a loss. I would check with your doctor or look online for the names of the ones in your area.

• ?

First of all, it was sad to hear about your mom. May RIP As we know everything is temporary in this world, so don’t be sad . Just move on,  Be what your mom's dreams that you would be.  And the main thing life will not stop with the coming or going of someone. so keep calm and move on.

I lost my mom at 21, so I know a lot of what you're feeling.  In a way, though, I was luckier than you.  This happened a few days before I due to go away for my senior year at college.  I was gutted and didn't think I'd be able to handle it, but there was so much going on, those distractions helped a lot.  

You WILL get past this. It's trite to say time helps the most, but the reason it's trite is because it's so true.  I remember about 6 months after she died, I was falling asleep and I realized I hadn't thought about at all in the last 2 days.  

You did say one thing that's a little concerning, though.  It was the stuff about her being your only support system.  I had a lot of friends and fam that supported me through this. If you didn't have anyone but your mom, that's sad but it's fixable.  You need to force yourself to get involved in volunteer work, etc.  Another idea is join a grief support group.  I didn't really need to do this, but I have friends & fam who HAVE needed it.  They loved it.  The 1st time is a little tough or you'll feel strange, but you don't have to say anything until you're ready.  And very quickly you'll realize how much you need these people.  

nothing you can do about it, ive lost both parents myself and a twin sister a couple of months ago

you are only 30, you will eventually move forward