Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Why is marital rape wrong?

I will never understand why marital rape is illegal. We are married to each other. I agree that raping a stranger is wrong, but she's my wife which means I can do whatever I want with her.

This doesn't make any sense to me. The Romans and the Ancient Greeks had no problem with it. Why is it such a big deal now?

Favorite Answer

You can also beat her with a stick as long as it's not thicker than your thumb, the rule of the thumb.

• L

NO means NO no matter if you're married or not.

it is wrong because you are married to the wrong person 

you need someone who wants you as much as you want her 

you need to get out of this marriage she will never get better 

I guess you do not understand the meaning of consent: its not a difficult concept to grasp for someone with half  a brain. since you obviously are lacking in understanding the concept here is a simple explanation  that even a dummy like you should be able to understand,

NO MEANS NO!   forcing someone to have sex who has  said NO is RAPE whether married or not.

Because no means exactly that.  NO.

• ?

Umm, why would you wanna rape someone you claim to "love"?! Lol, doesn't make sense. And I agree with what one anonymous answer wrote, she isn't your "property" in a sense that she can even keep her own last name nowadays if she wanted! Anyway yeah, what the anon answer said, you don't own someone because you are married to them! She isn't your slave or servant! She is your damn wife! Your EQUAL and you are supposed to support each other, and be each other's team mate, not enemies, not master and slave, it is an EQUAL partnership!

You don't own someone's body just because you are married to them. 

• ?

In recent times the marriage legal contract has been redefined. A marriage contract is a contract to have relationships amongst a husband and a wife and to take care of The offspring together. The law has defined itself that being married does not absolve you from asking consent you can still be prosecuted for statutory rape.

Your husband or your wife can decide any minute I no longer want to have sex with you instead I want to seek a divorce.   you don't have the right to continue to force the person to have sex with you until that divorce.

And if the person says we're not having sex tonight you're not having sex tonight!  

However failure to give sex. Is a valid reason to seek illegal divorce on the basis and the judge will usually rule in your favor they will dissolve the marriage and the other party will receive less property

• Foofa

Perhaps you'll figure it out if some night she decides she wants to do some immediate pegging when your body isn't properly prepared for penetration.

And she, as your wife, can do anything she "wants" to you.  I'm a survivor of rape.  It's a form of assault, not a sex crime in a marriage.  Marital rape is ILLEGAL (wrong and right are moral judgments) because it's a form of assault.