Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

I lost my period and question marks?

They both seem to not work and then work again.  Laptop.  Just started today. No idea why or how it resolved itself.

I tried spraying with compressed air  did not help  somehow it seems to come & go  i got it back briefly and now they are gone again  Just those 3 keys next to the right shift  comma period and question mark slash

.. I seem to get the period back by pressing it repeatedly kind of fast.  But takes like 10 hits and then I end up with 3-4 over.

Does sound like crud under the keys. Research how to remove them and do so carefully to get at the gunge underneath. Replace carefully.  If you're not sure get a pro to do it (because if he breaks 'em he'll have replace them).

Clean the crud out from under the keys. Try dental floss or sewing thread.