Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

I lost my period and question marks?

They both seem to not work and then work again.  Laptop.  Just started today. No idea why or how it resolved itself.

Update:

I tried spraying with compressed air  did not help  somehow it seems to come & go  i got it back briefly and now they are gone again  Just those 3 keys next to the right shift  comma period and question mark slash

Update 2:

.. I seem to get the period back by pressing it repeatedly kind of fast.  But takes like 10 hits and then I end up with 3-4 over.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Does sound like crud under the keys. Research how to remove them and do so carefully to get at the gunge underneath. Replace carefully.  If you're not sure get a pro to do it (because if he breaks 'em he'll have replace them).

• 2 months ago

Clean the crud out from under the keys. Try dental floss or sewing thread.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.