Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Did you ever own a pair of HUSHPUPPIES?

Update:

i had suade brown hushpuppies with the grippy bottoms...felt like i was on a cloud. And i had the cute black buckle shoes too. Livin it up in the city. HOT D*mn! 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Remember those ripple-sole shoes? They made a great squishy noise when you walked. When were they popular? It was only for a few years.

• 1 month ago

I did back in 1996.

I used to attend religions meetings three times a week... had to since I was a teenager and my parents made me... but a member totally raved about them and how even the dress shoes were comfortable... so I bought some and they were probably expensive like... $75 or so... but back then I had this thing in my brain that my shoe size is 9.5 (since I had owned a brand where their 9.5 was what happened to fit) so I bought them Hush Puppies at 9.5 and they were way too big... and I lived with the complex of wearing shoes that were more than a whole size too big... 

• 1 month ago

My aunt in Canada bought them for me and my sisters when we visited in the early 1960s. They were light but bulky as I recall.

• Gorgia
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I did but I ate them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I own several pairs.

• 1 month ago

I did when I was little.........

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, they are very comfortable and they come in styles from casual to dress.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, Bass was the big deal when I was growing up. 

• 1 month ago

Nope, I've never owned hushpuppies (shoes). They're are a bit to casual for my style :)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Gosh - are they still available?  If so, I'm gonna get some . . . . sooooooo comfortable, durable and practical - - - why don't we see/hear about them more often . . . . just lost in the rush to trainers?

• 1 month ago

No, i have never heard of this brand before.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.