Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Did you ever own a pair of HUSHPUPPIES?

i had suade brown hushpuppies with the grippy bottoms...felt like i was on a cloud. And i had the cute black buckle shoes too. Livin it up in the city. HOT D*mn! 

• D50
    Favorite Answer

Remember those ripple-sole shoes? They made a great squishy noise when you walked. When were they popular? It was only for a few years.

I did back in 1996.

I used to attend religions meetings three times a week... had to since I was a teenager and my parents made me... but a member totally raved about them and how even the dress shoes were comfortable... so I bought some and they were probably expensive like... $75 or so... but back then I had this thing in my brain that my shoe size is 9.5 (since I had owned a brand where their 9.5 was what happened to fit) so I bought them Hush Puppies at 9.5 and they were way too big... and I lived with the complex of wearing shoes that were more than a whole size too big... 

My aunt in Canada bought them for me and my sisters when we visited in the early 1960s. They were light but bulky as I recall.

• Gorgia

I did but I ate them

I own several pairs.

I did when I was little.........

Yes, they are very comfortable and they come in styles from casual to dress.

No, Bass was the big deal when I was growing up. 

Nope, I've never owned hushpuppies (shoes). They're are a bit to casual for my style :)

Gosh - are they still available?  If so, I'm gonna get some . . . . sooooooo comfortable, durable and practical - - - why don't we see/hear about them more often . . . . just lost in the rush to trainers?

No, i have never heard of this brand before.