Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why does tetanus shots hurt? ?

Why do tetanus shots still hurt a week after you get the shot, I had to get one last Tuesday, on the 23rd of February, 2021 and today is march 3rd and the place that I got the shot in still hurts! What can you do? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Tetanus tox alone typically doesn't. But if you got TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) that combo vaccine does occasionally cause site reactions and muscle pain. The best way to address it is to take ibuprofen or aspirin for the inflammation and massage the muscle, even if it hurts. Sometimes, if an injection isn't placed just right, you can get residual liquid that just sort of sits in one area. So rubbing the muscle helps it to move and disperse. Warm compresses might help, too.

• Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you have ever received a vaccination, you know your arm may feel a bit sore for a few days after the fact. The pain you are experiencing is usually soreness of the muscle where the injection was given. This pain is also a sign that your immune system is making antibodies in response to the viruses in the vaccine.

• 2 months ago

Why 'do' tetanus shots hurt? Really!

• 2 months ago

You HAD to get the shot? Nobody need to get a shot. It is pure poison! 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

that stuff is as thick as concrete

• 2 months ago

The Tdap for some reason does 

That. Possibly the makeup of the vaccine and it’s  pH.

• 2 months ago

ive had them and they didnt hurt me

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because at the same time they also implant monitoring microchips that were invented by Bill Gates.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.