Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Why are the richest people in the world also usually the smartest?

For example, Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk are both brilliant, extremely hard working, deeply knowledgeable on a wide array of technology and future innovations, both used to be genius programmers, both are savvy businessmen. Bill Gates - same story. Genius software engineer. Mark Zuckerburg - same thing. Do I see a trend here? All of them are geniuses in the software/engineering industry. 

PayPal completely changed online finance. SpaceX completely revolutionized space in the private sector. Tesla completely revolutionized the electric car. Amazon completely revolutionized e-commerce, Amazon Web Services completely revolutionized software development, Microsoft completely revolutionized the personal computer

I don't really agree. 

While the four you mentioned are probably above average in intelligence I doubt any are among the top 1% in terms of intelligence. Gates probably has the highest IQ of the group but I doubt it's much more than 160 if even that. 

There are a lot of factors that contribute to success and while intelligence is one of them it certainly doesn't guarantee success. People like Ford and Edison weren't high IQ people yet there are people in mensa who work as janitors. Even you seem to acknowledge that when you mention things unrelated to intelligence like being hard-working. 

Not necessarily, to be rich you have to make good financial decisions which usually comes from certain types of intellect. However some people are rich but just get lucky. Katie Price for example, got rich from adverts but then made poor business decisions and lost most of it.

You often get out what you put it, so if you're lazy and don't work hard, study and learn then why should you get a better job?

I guess it explains why you are broke