Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

James asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 2 months ago

Animals that know patience?

What are animals that know how to be patient?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Pogonophores and tripod fish are pretty patient IMO.

• 2 months ago

Predators have to wait until the right moment to strike.

Birds with eggs or chicks in the nest.

Lizards snakes frogs.  

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Web building spiders. They wait patiently for something to fly into the web.

Angler fish. They use a lure to attract prey while patiently waiting, buried in the mud.

Bobbit worms. They wait patiently for something to touch their jaws and then grab it.   

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Vultures, everyone has seen the two setting on a limb with one saying "Patience hell, I'm gonna kill something ". 

• M
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I would say that this applies to all animals other than humans. Being inpatient is a human emotion and we should not give this emtion to other animals.

I think also in general even if we were to use the term loosely with non-human animals that they have considerable patience compared to us.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Animals that filter feed. They do not move and let food come to them. Sit and wait predators are also very patient. Horned frogs for example are sit and wait predators. They stay in one spot for a long time and wait for prey to approach them. Spiders are of course very patient. They are sit and wait predators. 

• Ray
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

snakes and most ambush predators

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A cat waiting by a mouse hole.

• 2 months ago

Pretty much all hunters. 

I guess the sloth would be at the top. They’re so patient so get where they need to that mold grows on their fur. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.