Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

my belly button piercing is really sore and red and i think it’s infected how can i treat it without having something prescribed ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

wash the hands before touching the piercing.

cleanse the area with a piercing cleaning solution.

apply an antibiotic ointment to the infection.

avoid removing the piercing unless a doctor suggests doing so.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

is the piercing site red hot and inflamed and if it is than it's infected and you need to see your doctor or go back to where you had it done

• 1 month ago

bleach worked for me

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Try using Neosporin ointment. It is a topical triple antibiotic ointment. You can buy a tube of it at any drugstore.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You do you could die. 

• 1 month ago

It's best to go see a doctor, but just don't touch it until it heals, and if your gonna wash it, use a very gentle soap.

• 1 month ago

Hydrogen Peroxide.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You could try bathing it with a warm salt solution. But if it doesn't improve quickly you MUST see a doctor. If left untreated blood poisoning will occur and you will end up in hospital, or worse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.