Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

when should I here back from employer after interview?

• ?

"In general, the earlier you are in the process, the more quickly you should check in," said Chavez. "An initial phone interview with no response may require follow-up within the week. However, you may want to wait seven to 10 days after a second or third interview."

• Kyle

if they're interested in you, they will follow up.  in general, wait around two weeks to follow up if you don't hear anything at all.  keep applying for other positions while you wait.  doesn't hurt to have multiple interviews going at once.  

• ?

Depends on the job. 

If it's some thing like fast food or retail, usually you would hear back in a week or two. If it's a more professional job, they may take longer then that to get back to you.

If you're allowed to you can follow up and ask them if they're still interested in moving forward with you for the job.

Wait 2 weeks,  then you can inquire if they filled the position. 

It is their call when you will HEAR from them.

• ?

If you don't hear from them. Give them a call.

Anytime from now to never.   Most employers these days don't bother to call you if they've crossed you off the list.

• ?

If they are going to make you an offer or bring you back for a second interview, they'll typically call you within a week, though some may do it as late as 2 or 3 weeks if they are really disorganized or very very busy. 

What I do is when I am job searching, after an interview I just assume I did not get the job and keep up my applications and interviewing until someone makes me an acceptable offer.  Early in my career I waited around for like 6 weeks waiting on what I thought was a sure thing, only to find out that they closed the position without ever filling it.  So I never really had a chance for it.  And during that time, I also got word of another job opening that came and went that I missed out on because of waiting on that first one.  I don't do that any more.