Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 2 months ago

Please check , and give me an advice !!!?

I finished this ,, but I ROUNDED ALL THE Cents up , Is it correct? 

Update:

Thanks everyone 

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Look at the number to the right of the cents, if the number is five or more, increase the cents by 1. If the number is four or less, keep the cents the same.

12.345 becomes 12.35

while 12.344 becomes 12.34

• 2 months ago

I don't think you have your rounding correct in every case.

Let's start with the first one.

You have a 10% discount which means you want 90% of the original value. You need to multiply by 0.90

26.00 * 0.90 = 23.40

No rounding is necessary.

The next one seems correct. A 12% discount means you have 88% of the original value.

17.84 * 0.88 = 15.3384

Put a bar after the 2nd decimal place and look at the digit that follows.

15.33|84

......... ^

The digit there (8) is 5 or more, so you increment the value before from 15.33 to 15.34.

That one is correct.

Double-check the others.

• Stan
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The instructions given to you state to round up to the next highest cent.

The answer given to you by ? (Jim), is sometimes correct, but, in this case, is not.   Your instructions say only to round up.

Also, you round only when there is only a fraction of a penny.  The answer to the first problem is $23.40.  Since there is no fraction of a penny, you can not round up to your answer of $23.41.

You might want to go through and recheck your answers.

• 2 months ago

1. Should just be $24.40

2. Good 

3. 28.46

4. 32.32 

Look over all your answers again. Don’t round all of them up unless the third rounding digit is 5 or above. (Since this is currency)

For example: 

32.3248 = 32.32 

15.3384 = 15.34

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.