Is it even possible to request retractions from claimants who delete your YouTube videos?

Over a week ago, I uploaded a re-edited version of my fandub from Christmas Eve (which was blocked almost EVERYWHERE), but as soon as it was published, it was blocked WORLDWIDE! I filed a dispute so that it could be unblocked, but it was taken down just a day after that!I contacted the claimant for a retraction, but I don't know when, or even if, the claimant will reply to my email. Here is a copy of the email I sent:

"Hello,

I'm very sorry for uploading your video on my channel. I was unaware that you were the owner of the content used in the video. I thought it was owned by the original copyright holder that was stated in the details of the claim.

This is the second time I received a copyright strike from you; the first time, I received no reply from you.

In this regard, I am begging you to please retract the copyright strike! 

Respectfully yours,

Fairy Princess Valentine"

The last time I tried this, nothing ever happened. And I am NOT submitting a counter notification just so I can be sued; although the last time I did this, YouTube rejected my request! And If I DON'T receive a reply from the claimant, I have NO CHOICE but to wait for the strike to expire.

Did ANYONE ELSE have this issue before? Before you answer, please read this description and DON'T give ANY useless answers OR info!

• i + i

Yes, of course it's possible. 

BUT, based on what you 

described, they have no 

need, nor motivation to 

do so. At all. 

you look a bad channel , a theft of the content. please do not ,a bad deed.

A retraction is for an error. No error was made. The strike was justified (you admitted as much in the message you sent), and if they "retracted" the claim, then that would make the video available again, which is not what they want. Whether the messaging system even works is completely irrelevant, as you are misusing it, and the claimant has no reason to pay any attention to what you are sending.

If you want a strike retracted, then you need to argue why the video you uploaded is not a violation of copyright law, not an apology begging for a retraction because the strike is inconvenient for you. This isn't kindergarten. You don't get out of punishment just by saying you're sorry and asking them not to tell the teacher on you.

You don't have to "like" my answer, and you certainly don't have to choose it as best. But you do have to accept it as factually true, or you will lose your YouTube channel. Learn about copyright law, so that you either do not violate it, or can successfully defend your fair use of a work.