Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I had a TERRIBLE first date!!?....?

I went out with this guy who I met from a dating site. The date itself was good but after the date he texted me saying "You are a beautiful woman but you need some improvements- you are too shy, not that confident, you say sorry too much, my exes were much better than you"

Why would he say such mean things to me????

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

1) Some people enjoy being terrible as a mechanism for coping with their own issues (it's called projection).

2) Some people do not have or understand basic social norms

The good news?  You'll never see or hear from this person ever again.  I'd also wager that he doesn't have any exes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He’s a **** head 

• 1 month ago

I think he was just being honest, but he was not the most tactful or the sweetest.

Maybe he sees potential in you if you would overcome some of those hurdles in your personality to attract a better caliber partner.

I do agree with him that apologising too often makes a person come across as weak. Many times they are apologising for things that aren’t even their fault. If it’s genuinely your mistake, by all means apologise. Otherwise, hold your tongue, let the other person apologise if it’s their fault.

All in all, However, this is just his opinion and you do not need to change yourself to suit anyone unless you actually see validity in their points and want to make the change to improve yourself.

If you are happy just the way you are then forget about him and keep dating, you will eventually find someone who loves you as you are.

• 1 month ago

if you felt such a need to post this question then he is probably entirely correct and you definitely needed to have it said to you.   you two make a perfect match but still let him change you for the better.

or he is still hurting from all his exes. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

He's not the guy for you, then.  And don't change based on his comments.  It's better to apologize too much at the start.  That shows that you care about others and their feelings.  You can always dial that back later into a relationship as you get comfortable.  Find a guy who appreciates and encourages you.

• 1 month ago

send him a di ck pic

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sorry, but such things happen.   Let it be your last date with him, and put it down to experience..Do not let his comments worry you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't worry you will find a better guy online dating site

Leave this guy he has no manners

• 1 month ago

He had no manners. He had no right to comment.Then to add insult to injury,he compared you to his exes. Walk away from him.He's not worth it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sounds like he isn't going to give you a second chance. Just remember maybe some things he said may be useful in the future for you.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

don't even reply

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.