Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Is Wolf a good name for a male German Shepherd?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Why not, as long as the dog is well looked after and loved, the name doesn't matter.

• 1 month ago

It's cute!! especially if it's a german shepherd mix that has grey in it.  Also if you're not really feeling wolf but want to keep it wolf like. Akela (ah-key-lah is the wolf pack leader in the jungle book. :)

• 1 month ago

Yes, that is a good name.

• 1 month ago

Why not indeed.... ( His name is Eric ) Though im the Shepherd and he is one of my sheepdogs. Neither he or I are by any means German Shepherds... Though we both live and work in Germany currently.

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No it's not... 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes.  There are 8 GSDs named Wolf at my local dog park.

• I like it.           

• 1 month ago

No, Max, Rex or Major are better names.  Something he can be proud of.  Calling him a  wolf would be as insulting as calling a human "ape".

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't name him Wolf.   It doesn't roll off the tongue and your dog is not wolf-like. 

If you want a one syllable name, go with something like Steve or Pete. 

• 1 month ago

Yes, that's what Adolph called himself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.