Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Is Wolf a good name for a male German Shepherd?

Why not, as long as the dog is well looked after and loved, the name doesn't matter.

It's cute!! especially if it's a german shepherd mix that has grey in it.  Also if you're not really feeling wolf but want to keep it wolf like. Akela (ah-key-lah is the wolf pack leader in the jungle book. :)

Yes, that is a good name.

Why not indeed.... ( His name is Eric ) Though im the Shepherd and he is one of my sheepdogs. Neither he or I are by any means German Shepherds... Though we both live and work in Germany currently.

No it's not... 

Yes.  There are 8 GSDs named Wolf at my local dog park.

• I like it.           

No, Max, Rex or Major are better names.  Something he can be proud of.  Calling him a  wolf would be as insulting as calling a human "ape".

Don't name him Wolf.   It doesn't roll off the tongue and your dog is not wolf-like. 

If you want a one syllable name, go with something like Steve or Pete. 

Yes, that's what Adolph called himself.