Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

Best remedies for underarm smells?

I am all about all-natural products. It is very important to me. I have sensitive skin, so harsh chemicals don't do well for me anyhow. I strongly prefer my personal hygiene items to be natural.

Well, everything is fine except for the deodorant area. I have found a brand that is natural and aluminum-free... but I don't know. It just doesn't seem like it lasts. I love their scents. They have many options. But I can definitely smell some armpit smell after a few hours. I don't want that. I feel that if I can smell it, so can others. I know they probably can't, but it bothers me.

What are some natural ways to have odor-free underarms? Are there any extra steps to take to make sure any sweat or other smells stay away throughout the whole day?

I currently use Native Sensitive Skin Deodorant. Are there are all natural brands I could try?

Thanks ahead of time for any/all tips!

Man ACV? That stuff SMELLS! Lol I use it periodically on my face as a tone and woo! It is strong! I don't know if I want to sleep with that on me. Could I maybe dab some with a cotton ball under my underarms? And plain soap. I do already wash my underarms in the shower. Is it just I need a different soap? I use unscented/natural baby wash right now. I just want to stay fresh without sweaty smells, even in heat.

So put baby lotion on, wipe it off with a wash cloth... then that's it? I don't know how I feel about Johnson's brand. I don't feel they are truly chemical-free.

The baking soda and lemon juice sounds easy enough. Now, do you think that would hurt my skin? As I said, I do have sensitive skin. Would the lemon be too much?

Believe it or not, I shower daily... but thanks for the tip.

• ?

I like Kopari.  I've heard Lume is good also, but have not tried it myself.

Pink Himalayan salt bars 

I bought one from the little eco shop online, they have them on there as I spotted them whilst browsing.

Slightly dampen the area and rub the bar on it. The salt kills the bacteria that would make you smell.

Stings the underarms if you use it after shaving your armpits though.

• ?

the best remedy is to have a shower 

• kelvin

try using antiperspirent as it works way different than deodarant

• Rita

Applying baking soda on your underarms can keep the area dry and avoid too much sweating. Also, it has anti-bacterial properties that can remove the foul smell creating bacteria from your armpits. All you need to do is to mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.

• donnie

See a dermatologist                                                 

I don't know why but I always find Johnson's Baby Lotion works wonders, use a handful, wipe it off with a dry facecloth and there's no bad smell.

Soak 2 sponges in apple cider vinegar . . . . wring 'till damp . . . . sleep with them under your arms  (tape if necessary)  Overnight your skin will absorb enough of the essence to protect you the next day.

Try plain soap, Ivory for example.