Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

What would happen if I snuck into a cops house when he's at work, and I stole all his PS4 games to trade in at Gamestop?

I overheard a cop who lives in my neighborhood that he has over 100 PS4 games.

And I'm more of an XBOX and Nintendo Switch man myself, I don't actually have a PlayStation but I can still trade them in at Gamestop for credits.

And it won't be my local Gamestop, it will be the gamestop near my cousins house, in a different State, the next time I go to see him.

The police will be checking locally. Unlikely they will search every Gamestop in the world for it though.

Could that work?

Bruce: I did post that. But I never said "several times a week." I said "every thanksgiving."

Are you saying that Gamestop records the serial numbers of every game that is traded in and passes it on to the police?

If so, that would only do him any good if he actually writes down the serial numbers for every game he buys, right?

And I don't think most gamers do that. Maybe for the consoles, but not usually the games.

If he hasn't, then what good are the serial numbers?

You can face burglary charges for what you asked about. If the cop catches you inside his house illegally, he can kill you on the spot. Believe me, it's not worth the risk. The smart thing you can do is just stay away.

• Cee

Your friends and your mommy might miss you.

• david

Hopefully, you'd get killed. Talk about asking for it. 

It would be charged as felony burglary.

• ?

I'm sure because it's a police officer they'll cook up some extra charge to lay on you

• Bruce

What would happen? Burglary, a felony. 

The game has a serial number, so it won't matter where you sell it. It can be traced. You better stick to stealing the turkey from his backyard that he cooks several times a week according to your earlier questions. 

He would be real pissedoff.

if you're under 16, the jv court will likely sentence you to restitution and community service.  of course, without a job, coming up with the money for restitution may require you to sell your Xbox and Switch, plus all of their games.  Which will serve you right

hopefully you'd be caught, tried and sent to prison.  then you could suck cock to your heart's content.

let us know how it turns out . 

Source(s): from jail