Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
I got two questions.?
1. How can telomere-deficient mice be used to study aging in living cells? Give 2 examples and include a discussion in your own words of each.
2. How can knowledge of telomere structure and function be used to understand and treat cancer in humans? Give 2 examples and include a discussion in your own words of each.
- Josh AlfredLv 52 months ago
I am not going to do all your homework for you. I will supply these questions that when answered the way they are supposed to be, will give you some start on what you need to do.
1. What do telomere's do? What does the length of a telomere determine? What would shorter lengths, i.e. deficit do? They would cause early death. Longer one's would cause longer lives. If these two hypotheticals are true, their results will emerge through what? Experimentation, i.e. tests on living mice. How can you create both types of mice for comparative analysis?
2. How does increasing or decreasing the length of telomeres of a cell affect the life of a cancerous cell? How could you test this? Perhaps on two different cell samples, for comparative analysis.