Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Any examples of foreign players signed by English clubs as an upgrade for what they already have only the English player outperforms him ?

For example Havertz and Ziyech have not been as good as Mount.

Veron wasn't as good as Scholes or Butt at Man Utd

Update:

Oh yeah btw I don't think my question is clear enough. Just foreigners signed to upgrade English players at English clubs and not other foreign players  

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Of course there's going to be examples like that, it would be freakly uncanny if it didn't, also whether they were an upgrade, or just strengthening a team would be open to debate, money isn't a truly determining variable, not with transfer fees as they are now

yeah not that easy but there are some,  Dier at Tottenham, replaced Ndombole for a while who had been bought to basically replace him, although that situation has now reversed,  Luke Shaw i think though can't rememebr the player who was aquired to replace him, but as we know he's back in the side,  albeit, under another manager

@Adam...lol very funny,  doubt toon fans are seeing the funny side of it though..

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Joelinton was an upgrade for Dwight Gayle. That worked out well for Newcastle

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.