Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What food do you love eating, but hate the smell of?

And also, can you give an opposite example as well, of a kind of food that you love the smell of, while it's cooking, but that you wouldn't dream of ever eating?  

I cannot tolerate the smell of bay leaves when they're cooking in a stew or soup, but the finished product does not bother me at all. 

Cant say there is one.

I LOVE the smell and taste of fish, mushrooms, OH.

Garlic sucks when served full, yeah roasted Garlic is just nasty.

I wouldnt eat it though, so?

Actually cant think of one.

Durian is delicious but smells bad.

I absolutely LOVE Brussel sprouts, but oh man, they stink when they are cooking!! One thing I like the smell of when it is cooking is creamed lobsters, but there is no way in hll that I am going to eat anything with lobster in it. Seafood is absolutely disgusting.

Frying fish is a awful smell to me but I like  to eat fish. We usually cook fish

outside.

• kswck2

Since 80% of eating is due to smell, why eat something that smells bad? 

• .

Love eating, hate the smell of- Caramel corn. I cannot stand the smell, but I'll eat it right up. Love the smell, will not eat- Mushrooms in butter. Love it when they are cooking, but ICK.

I love just about anything I cook in my deep fryer, but the lingering smell from it gets old fast.

Local grinder shops smell amazing, but most of the smell is onions and peppers and I can't stand eating those.