Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What food do you love eating, but hate the smell of?

And also, can you give an opposite example as well, of a kind of food that you love the smell of, while it's cooking, but that you wouldn't dream of ever eating?  

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I cannot tolerate the smell of bay leaves when they're cooking in a stew or soup, but the finished product does not bother me at all. 

• 1 month ago

Cant say there is one.

I LOVE the smell and taste of fish, mushrooms, OH.

Garlic sucks when served full, yeah roasted Garlic is just nasty.

I wouldnt eat it though, so?

Actually cant think of one.

• 1 month ago

Durian is delicious but smells bad.

• 1 month ago

I absolutely LOVE Brussel sprouts, but oh man, they stink when they are cooking!! One thing I like the smell of when it is cooking is creamed lobsters, but there is no way in hll that I am going to eat anything with lobster in it. Seafood is absolutely disgusting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I cannot tolerate the smell of bay leaves when they're cooking in a stew or soup, but the finished product does not bother me at all. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Frying fish is a awful smell to me but I like  to eat fish. We usually cook fish

outside.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Since 80% of eating is due to smell, why eat something that smells bad? 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Love eating, hate the smell of- Caramel corn. I cannot stand the smell, but I'll eat it right up. Love the smell, will not eat- Mushrooms in butter. Love it when they are cooking, but ICK.

• 1 month ago

I love just about anything I cook in my deep fryer, but the lingering smell from it gets old fast.

Local grinder shops smell amazing, but most of the smell is onions and peppers and I can't stand eating those.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.